Governing Body and Statutory Reports
Every school has a Governing Body to represent the public in the running of schools. The Governing Body supports the Headteacher and staff and is accountable to its stakeholders for the school's overalll performance and for decisions it has made.
St Georges Primary School has 13 Governors made up as follows;
- 6 Community Governors. A community governor are people who, in the opinion of governing body, have the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school.
- 5 Parent Governors. A parent governor is a representative and not a delegate of parents and should not become personally involved in any individual concerns.
- Head Teacher Governor. It is expected practice for headtecahers to be a member of the govenring Body.
- 1 Staff Governors. A staff governor role is not to represent staff, nor stand alongside the Headteacher in being held to account by the governing body, but to operate as part of the governing body to provide strategic leadsership and to hold the headteacher to account. Mr Cassidy is a staff governor
The Governors are the formal strategic body who meet once each term to set priorities for the school and agree on the long term plans including the school budget. This section includes minutes of their meetings, information about vacancies and the different types of governors.
Chair of Governing Body
Chair of Resources and Premises Committee
Vice Chair of Governing Body
Chair of Curriculum & Pastoral Committee
Chair of Standards Commitee
Mr Bernard Cassidy
|Mark Wiggins||Community Governor||
|Natalie Sullivan||Community Governor||July '21|
|Rev. Alan Ward||Community Governor||Oct '21|
|Peter Dunning||Parent Governor||Oct '20|
|Ray Olsen||Parent Governor||Nov '19|
|Charlotte Scott||Parent Governor||Oct '20|
|Andrew Fisher||Parent Governor||Oct '21|
|Suzzane Slater||Parent Governor||Oct '21|
|Laura Horton||Staff Governor||Feb '20|
|Kamal Choudhary||Clerk to Governors||Ongoing|
If you would like to contact of our Board of Governors you can do so by writing (please mark an envelope as confidential for the attention of Chair of Governors) via the school office given Governors are not based in school Alternatively, if you prefer email, please contact the Clerk to Governors at firstname.lastname@example.org and your correspondance will be forwarded accordingly.
If you have any questions about our Board of Governors, please do not hesitate to contact the Clerk for Governors.
Mr Choudhary - Clerk for Governors
You can write, leave a message at the front office or e-mail email@example.com
Our Governors are volunteers from the local school community who work together to ensure that the school is well managed. The Headteacher and representatives from the school work force are also members of the Governing Body.
1. Standards Commitee.
Members: Keith Wadcock (Chair)
2. Resources & Premises Committee
Members: Brain Clark (Chair)
3. Curriculum and Pastoral Committee -
Members: Phillip Walters (Chair)
Attached is our:
- Instrument of Governance
- Scheme of Delegation
- Committee Attendance Register
- Annual Meetings Calendar
- Code of Conduct