Year 1 Pod Staff, by Miss Stewart
St George's Primary School - Welcome
We are proud to welcome you to our school and this web-site. Our aim is that the website is a 'one stop shop' for families.
Across the country all of us are facing challenges to determine how we best respond to the threat of the coronavirus. St George’s is no different. From end of Friday 20th March St George's will be closed to the majority of pupils. However, we are working harder than ever to face towards our community. #StayingStrong
- We are running an emergency school for our 'key worker' families. If you need to enquire about a place, please e-mail us.
- We have sent out a google form for anybody requesting a key worker school place for VE Day Bank Holiday on Friday 8th May. You can access it here. Closing date is 4th May.
- We have set up a 'Managing Coronavirus' tab on our website to keep families upto date. Includes our published safety plan.
- All families should be also receiving messages via our school app. If you have not signed up yet, you can do so from here.
- We have set up home learning advice on all our year group pages. These are updated regularly.
- We have also set up an advice page for home schooling. We are adding to this weekly.
- We have set up an area providing detailed safeguarding support and signposting. Get in touch if you need support. Our e-mail address is email@example.com.
- We are providing any family with daily meals if they need our support. Please e-mail us to enquire about this (we have sent booking forms via e-mails to all families registered on the school app.
- Launching a government funded voucher scheme for all families eligible for free school meals. Full information is on our free school meals website page. We are aiming to have this operational by the end of this week. Please check your emails for notification. Vouchers will be paid directly to families via e-mail. If you have any queries, please e-mail us.
- Download our latest newsletter by clicking here.
- Access the department for education's advice for parents and carers during school closures by clicking here.
We think the Nosy Crow book for children about the Coronavirus is a brilliant resource. It is written by doctors and illustrated by Alex Scheffler. It is a really good FREE resource for developing discussions with your children. Access it here.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have. Most recent information can be found in the newsletters published on line each month.
Our school is on a split site with the Foundation Stage (children aged 3 to 5) and Years 1 to 4 on the Lower Site on St. George’s Road. The Upper Site on Claremount Road caters for Years 5 and 6. The school has four classes per year group with more than 800 children attending each day as well as a 60 place nursery setting.
St George's is also home to Dragon Club, our extended services which offers breakfast and afterschool care to over 300 children in our school whilst welcoming any children 3 - 11 over holiday clubs. For more information click here