World Book Day Thursday 4th March 2021 - Year 2, by Mrs Horton
St George's Primary School - Welcome
We are proud to welcome you to our school and this website. Our aim is that the website is a 'one stop shop' for families.
Across the country all of us have faced challenges to determine how we best respond to the threat of the coronavirus. St George’s is no different.
We are reallly looking forward to having all our children back at school on the 8th March. We have published a letter for families, explaining our arrangements for the 8th March. You can read by clicking here. We have also updated our safety plan. You can read that by clicking here.
Mr Cassidy's family Covid-19 safety presentation can be read by clicking here.
1. You can keep upto date on the school's Covid-19 position and safety plan on our managing coronavirus page.
2. All our families can now order Covid-19 lateral flow test kits for the whole family to use at home. You can order postal kits by clicking here or find your nearest collection centre by clicking here. Government information page on home testing can be accessed by clicking here.
3. All families should be also receiving messages via Scholar Pack. If you are not getting these please contact us. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 . At the top of the page you will find our Pastoral Support icon This section has lots of advice for families on a range of topics including safeguarding, mental heath, online safety and other critical issues. Get in touch if you need support. Our e-mail address is email@example.com.
6. We have set up a remote learning help page using the icons on the top of the page or you can read that by clicking here. Includes a full remote learning guide that explains what you should expect from home learning. We hope this is helpful for our families. It is a requirement from the Department of Education that every school has this guide published. This can be read by clicking here.
7. Dragon Club remains open to families. You can communicate with Dragon Club through the link below:
9. We think the Nosy Crow book for children about the Coronavirus is a brilliant resource. It is written by doctors and illustrated by Axel Scheffler. It is a really good FREE resource for developing discussions with your children. Access it here.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have. Most recent information can be found in the newsletters published on line each month.
Our school is on a split site with the Foundation Stage (children aged 3 to 5) and Years 1 to 4 on the Lower Site on St. George’s Road. The Upper Site on Claremount Road caters for Years 5 and 6. The school has four classes per year group with more than 800 children attending each day as well as a 60 place nursery setting.
St George's is also home to Dragon Club, our extended services which offers breakfast and afterschool care to over 300 children in our school whilst welcoming any children 3 - 11 over holiday clubs. For more information click here