VR history lesson, by Miss Reil
St George's Primary School - Welcome
We are proud to welcome you to our school and this web-site. Our aim is that the website is a 'one stop shop' for families.
Across the country all of us have faced challenges to determine how we best respond to the threat of the coronavirus. St George’s is no different.
We are delighted to now be welcoming back all pupils. Every child has bene invited for an induction session with their new class teacher on 16th or 17th of July. All pupils will then return in their new classes every day from 3rd of September.
We are ready to safely welcome all pupils back. We have trialled our safety plan successfully with 93% of pupils from June 2nd. We have a high level of confidence in the safety plan and the science that demonstrates that schools are safe place for chiuldren and staff if we have a robust safety plan.
2. Our detailed safety plan and risk assessment can be read on our managaing coronavirus page. Also contains information about Dragon Club from September. Please note that the safety plan has some blank pages. These are for timetables and other administrative tasks that will be added over the summer.
3. Families can watch the school video that we created in June that demonstrates many of our new safety routines.
4. Families can also watch a short video of Mr Cassidy explaining the school’s safety procedures here.
5. We have set up a 'Managing Coronavirus' tab on our website to keep families upto date. Includes our published safety plan and risk assessment.
6. All families should be also receiving messages via our school app. If you have not signed up yet, you can do so from here.
7. We have set up home learning advice on all our year group pages. These are updated regularly.
8. We have also set up an advice page for home schooling. We are adding to this regularly.
9. We have set up an area providing detailed safeguarding support and signposting. Get in touch if you need support. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Government funded voucher scheme for all families eligible for free school meals. This scheme has now ended and no further actions can be taken, historically or future.
11. Download our latest newsletter by clicking here.
12. Access the department for education's advice for parents and carers during school closures by clicking here.
13. Have you seen our Covid-19 Time Capsule film? Film can be viewed here
14. We think the Nosy Crow book for children about the Coronavirus is a brilliant resource. It is written by doctors and illustrated by Alex Scheffler. It is a really good FREE resource for developing discussions with your children. Access it here.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have. Most recent information can be found in the newsletters published on line each month.
Our school is on a split site with the Foundation Stage (children aged 3 to 5) and Years 1 to 4 on the Lower Site on St. George’s Road. The Upper Site on Claremount Road caters for Years 5 and 6. The school has four classes per year group with more than 800 children attending each day as well as a 60 place nursery setting.
St George's is also home to Dragon Club, our extended services which offers breakfast and afterschool care to over 300 children in our school whilst welcoming any children 3 - 11 over holiday clubs. For more information click here