Farewell to Mrs Dobson, by Mrs Walters
St George's Primary School - Welcome
We are proud to welcome you to our school and this website. Our aim is that the website is a 'one stop shop' for families.
Across the country all of us have faced challenges to determine how we best respond to the threat of the coronavirus. St George’s is no different.
We have loved having our school restored with all children back at school from the 8th March. We have published a letter for families, explaining our re-opening arrangements. You can read by clicking here. We have also updated our safety plan. You can read that by clicking here.
Mr Cassidy's family Covid-19 safety presentation can be read by clicking here.
1. You can keep up to date on the school's Covid-19 position and safety plan on our managing coronavirus page. Also includes link to a letter from Directors of Children's Services and Public Health in Wirral Council. Letter can be read by clicking here.
All our families can now order Covid-19 lateral flow test kits for the family to use at home. You can order postal kits by clicking here or find your nearest collection centre by clicking here. Government information page on home testing can be accessed by clicking here.
2. In response to recent Covid-19 changes we have had to change transition day plans.
- All secondary transition days have now been cancelled for our year 6 children. These were scheduled for 2nd of July. It is unmanageable to have so many children mixing with such an increase in positive covid-19 cases in school age. Your child’s secondary school will be in touch regarding transition arrangements and summer camps.
- Our transition days (with exception of our current year 6) have been moved to 19th and 20th July. This will allow us to create new bubbles. 2nd July Transition day has been cancelled. We will write to you about this in early July.
- Year 6 will now finish school on 16th July. (because of the above arrangements). We have written to our Year 6 parents about this in more detail.
3. All families should be also receiving messages via Scholar Pack. If you are not getting these please contact us. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 . At the top of the page you will find our Pastoral Support icon This section has lots of advice for families on a range of topics including safeguarding, mental heath, online safety and other critical issues. Get in touch if you need support. Our e-mail address is email@example.com.
6. We have set up a remote learning help page using the icons on the top of the page or you can read that by clicking here. Includes a full remote learning guide that explains what you should expect from home learning. We hope this is helpful for our families. It is a requirement from the Department of Education that every school has this guide published. This can be read by clicking here.
7. Dragon Club remains open to families. You can communicate with Dragon Club through the link below:
9. We think the Nosy Crow book for children about the Coronavirus is a brilliant resource. It is written by doctors and illustrated by Axel Scheffler. It is a really good FREE resource for developing discussions with your children.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school office direct using contact form at the bottom of this page using the contact form at the bottom of this page with any queries you may have.
You can request copies of any documentation on this website or other documents by contacting school office direct using contact form at the bottom of this page. Most recent information can be found in the newsletters published on line each month.
Our school is on a split site with the Foundation Stage (children aged 3 to 5) and Years 1 to 4 on the Lower Site on St. George’s Road. The Upper Site on Claremount Road caters for Years 5 and 6. The school has four classes per year group with more than 800 children attending each day as well as a 60 place nursery setting.
St George's is also home to Dragon Club, our extended services which offers breakfast and afterschool care to over 300 children in our school whilst welcoming any children 3 - 11 over holiday clubs. For more information click here