Books, Books and More Books!, by Mrs Horton
St George's Primary School - Welcome
We are proud to welcome you to our school and this web-site. Our aim is that the website is a 'one stop shop' for families.
Have you seen our Covid-19 Time Capsule film? Film can be viewed here
Across the country all of us are facing challenges to determine how we best respond to the threat of the coronavirus. St George’s is no different. From end of Friday 20th March St George's was closed to the majority of pupils. However, we are working harder than ever to face towards our community. #StayingStrong.
From 2nd of June, we have begun our phased re-opening programme. Follwing goverment advice, this has allowed us to offer places at school to following pupils:
1. All pupils in Foundation 2, Year 1 and year 6. Wirral Council have requested that we limit this offer to key worker and vulnerable children until 8th June. We have created a short film for families to explain our safety measures. This can be viewed by clicking here.
2. Key worker and vulnerable children only in Foundation 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4 and Year 5.
- We are trying to support all our 'key worker' families. If you need to enquire about a place, please e-mail us.
- We have set up a 'Managing Coronavirus' tab on our website to keep families upto date. Includes our published safety plan and risk assessment.
- All families should be also receiving messages via our school app. If you have not signed up yet, you can do so from here.
- We have set up home learning advice on all our year group pages. These are updated regularly.
- We have also set up an advice page for home schooling. We are adding to this regularly.
- We have set up an area providing detailed safeguarding support and signposting. Get in touch if you need support. Our e-mail address is email@example.com.
- Launching a government funded voucher scheme for all families eligible for free school meals. Full information is on our free school meals website page. We are aiming to have this operational by the end of this week. Please check your emails for notification. Vouchers will be paid directly to families via e-mail. If you have any queries, please e-mail us.
- Download our latest newsletter by clicking here.
- Access the department for education's advice for parents and carers during school closures by clicking here.
We think the Nosy Crow book for children about the Coronavirus is a brilliant resource. It is written by doctors and illustrated by Alex Scheffler. It is a really good FREE resource for developing discussions with your children. Access it here.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have. Most recent information can be found in the newsletters published on line each month.
Our school is on a split site with the Foundation Stage (children aged 3 to 5) and Years 1 to 4 on the Lower Site on St. George’s Road. The Upper Site on Claremount Road caters for Years 5 and 6. The school has four classes per year group with more than 800 children attending each day as well as a 60 place nursery setting.
St George's is also home to Dragon Club, our extended services which offers breakfast and afterschool care to over 300 children in our school whilst welcoming any children 3 - 11 over holiday clubs. For more information click here