Concerns about Mental Health
Concerns about Mental Health
CWP Mental Health Helpline
0300 303 3972
If you need urgent mental health help please call 0300 303 3972 and our dedicated local NHS staff will support you to access the help you need;
- The helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is open to people of all ages – including children and young people;
- The helpline is now the first port of call for mental health help – it is operated by people in your local area who will know how best to support you. If you call NHS111 you may have to wait longer for help and will be re-directed to this local service – so call 0300 303 3972;
- Please note, A&E and 999 are not the best places to get help for the majority of mental health problems – call 0300 303 3972 to be directed to the best local service to support you;
- You should still call 999 or go to A&E if you have an immediate, life-threatening emergency requiring mental or physical health assistance;
- For non-urgent help and general wellbeing advice, the CWP website contains information and links to resources to support people with anxiety, low mood, and worries relating to the current Covid-19 pandemic www.cwp.nhs.uk
- For children and young people there is also a dedicated website MyMind.org.uk
Wirral CAMHS Mental Health Support Team
We are fortunate to have the support of a trainee Education Mental Health Practitioner - Freddie Mills.
The cases that the Mental Health Support Team accept are mild to moderate, if there are any that are moderate to severe they will be referred to other services to ensure they receive the correct support. All referrals must be made through discussion with the school and permission of parents. Support is adaptable to the school needs but some of the ways she can support include;
- workshops for parents via video- these could include support for anxiety and low mood.
- 1:1 basis Cognitive Behaviour Theraphy parent based interventions on anxiety or behaviour.
- Children on a 1:1 basis via telephone/video consultations doing CBT based low intensity interventions. (low mood, sleep hygiene, phobia, a range of anxieties such as social anxiety, health anxiety, separation anxiety, generalised anxiety etc.)
- Weekly videos for the children on various topics to help try and support the children at home. The topics for these can also be; corona virus, worry time, absorbing activities, schedules, sleep hygiene, breathing strategies etc.
If you feel you or your child would benefit from this service please phone school and ask for Mrs Skarratts-Jackon, the AHT for your child's year group or Mrs Rice. They will be able to discuss your concerns and complete a referral form for the service.
Any concerns or requests for support can also be emailed to;
Additional information and support
There are 8 categories to choose from;
- Anxious about coronavirus? (Covid-19)
- YoungMinds-Self Isolation
- Coronavirus Social Story
- Helpful information for children (Place2Be)
- Coronavirus-Supporting Children (Bereavement UK)
- CAMHS Covoid-19 Advice (Winsford CAMHS)
- Wirral inforBank
- Guidance for parents and carers
Taking care of your mental health and wellbeing. Includes information about taking care of your mental health and wellbeing.
- Handwashing ans anxiety
- Connect with people
- Decide your routine
- Try to keep active
- Get as much sunlight, fresh air and nature as you can
- Find ways to spend your time
- Keep your mind stimulated
- Take care with news and information
- If you're feeling anxious
- If your feeling claustrophobic or trapped