Year 5 York Residential Trip 2023
This page will be our way of updating families on the arrangements for our York 2023 residential trip. The page below has a range of hyperlinks top let you find out more about York.
Year 5 Residential Trip to York
Either 19th and 20th June (Group 1) or 20th and 21st June (Group Two)
1 night residential with 2 days of activity
We are delighted to be offering our children in Year 5 the opportunity to participate in a Year 5 residential trip to York.
The main focus of the trip will be to explore the history of York. We have been working really hard for the last few months to plan the trip and ensure that it provides excellent value for families and the school.
Children will be staying at York YHA Centre. Once there, children will use this as a base to:
- Participate in workshops at the Yorkvik Centre
- Participate in workshops at the York Dig
- Explore the historic center of York including walking the City Walls and the Shambles
- Visit York Minster
- Explore the geography and history of York with an evening boat ride.
We are aiming to travel to York by train. YHA Centre is close to the city with access through the paths at the side of the river. At the centre, the children will sleep in en-suite dormitory style rooms. You can see these on the YHA website video and image gallery.
Trip will involve a lot of walking. Kit list for the trip will be very basic. with good walking shoes or trainers an essential.
The trip will be led by Mr Cassidy and staffed by other members of our staff team.
The cost for the two days will be £95 (subsidised from £145.00 through school budget). The cost includes:
- Train travel to York. We anticipate an early start from Lime Street station.
- overnight accommodation with dinner, breakfast and packed lunch for day 2 provided. Note that packed lunch will be required for the first day).
- York 2023 trip t-shirt that will be given to them the week before their day of departure.
- All relevant insurance.
Payment schedule will be:
- Initial deposit of £30.00 paid by Thursday 20th October 2022
- Final balance of £95.00 (£65.00 after you have paid your deposit) paid by Thursday 6th April 2023
We do not want any family unable to attend because of the cost. If you need any support with the financial cost of the trip, please contact Mr Nathan or Mr Cassidy in confidence, so we can support you with the cost of the trip. You can do this by calling us or e-mailing Miss Jones, our receptionist. Her e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information relating to the trip will be given at a Year 5 family meeting which will be held in school hall at either 2.15pm or 5.30pm on Thursday 22nd of September. Parents and carers can attend either meeting. Mr Cassidy will be sharing details of the trip with children in assembly. Children can attend the 5.30pm meeting if required. If parents are attending we willa sk them to complete a short google form. The presentation will also be uploaded to this page.