Year 5 York Residential Trip 2024
This page will be our way of updating families on the arrangements for our York 2024 residential trip. Letters and presentations are in the links at the end of this page.
The page below has a range of hyperlinks top let you find out more about York.
Year 5 Residential Trip to York
Either 17th and 18th June (Group 1) or 18th and 19th June (Group Two)
1 night residential with 2 days of activity
We are delighted to be offering our children in Year 5 the opportunity to participate in a Year 5 residential trip to York.
The main focus of the trip will be to explore the history of York. We have been working really hard for the last few months to plan the trip and ensure that it provides excellent value for families and the school. This is the second year that we have ran this trip.
Children will be staying at York YHA Centre. Once there, children will use this as a base to:
- Participate in workshops at the Yorkvik Centre
- Explore historic York City Walls and Clifford’s Historic Tower
- Explore the historic centre of York including walking the Shambles.
- Visit York Minster
- Explore the geography and history of York with an evening boat ride.
- Explore York Museum Gardens and historic ruins.
We are aiming to travel to York by coach (we would travel by train but ongoing threat of strokes makes this impossible). YHA Centre is close to the city with access through the paths at the side of the river. At the centre, the children will sleep in en-suite dormitory style rooms. You can see these on the YHA website video and image gallery.
Trip will involve a lot of walking. Kit list for the trip will be very basic (provisional kit list is attached). Good walking shoes or trainers will be essential.
The trip will be led by Year 5 curriculum team and staffed with our members of our staff team.
The cost for the two days will be £100 (subsidised from £150.00 through school budget). The cost includes:
- Coach travel to York. We anticipate an early start from school. Aim to leave at approximately 7.30am. That will require a 7.00am arrival at school.
- Overnight accommodation with dinner, breakfast and packed lunch for day 2 provided. Note that packed lunch will be required for the first day.
- York 2024 trip t-shirt that will be given to them the week before their day of departure.
- Entry to all activities.
- All relevant insurance.
Payment schedule will be:
- Initial deposit of £30.00 paid by Friday 9th of February.
- Final balance of £100.00 (£70.00 after you have paid your deposit) paid by Thursday 18th
We do not want any family unable to attend because of the cost. If you need any support with the financial cost of the trip, please contact Mr Nathan or Mr Cassidy in confidence, so we can support you with the cost of the trip. You can do this by calling us or e-mailing Miss Jones, our receptionist. Her e-mail is email@example.com.
Infomation relating to the trip will be given at a Year 5 family meeting which will be held in school hall at either 2.15pm or 5.30pm on Thursday 25th January. Parents and carers can attend either meeting. Mr Cassidy will be sharing details of the trip with children in assembly. Children can attend the 5.30pm meeting if required.
If you are attending either family meeting, please complete the google form using the link below, so we have enough chairs available. Google form link is:
Provisional kit list is also included on this page. Really important that all children have:
- St George's T-shirt on for departure (we will provide this in June)
- Waterproof coat
- Good walking shoes/trainers
- Refillable water bottle.
Last Year Group One of our Children bumped into a group of Morris Dancers at the end of the first day in York. This is what happened next. A magical moment happened.