Virtual Parents' Evenings
Virtual Parents' Evenings 2021
The school has introduced a new online system which allows you to choose your own appointment times with teachers for your child’s parents’ evening.
Teaching staff will be available for appointments in 9-minute blocks, you can choose when you would like your appointments to suit your own availability if available.
Parents' evening will take place over the week commencing Tuesday 11th May and the week of Monday 17th May. Dates and times will differ with all classes due to ongoing extra tuition after school so please login in see your dates and times available.
On this page, you will find:
- The link to make an appointment
- A video tutorial on how to attend appointments over video call
- A parent/guardian guide with step-by-step instructions
Our students have overcome many challenges over the 12 months and we feel this point of communication between teachers and parents is crucial in ensuring the overall wellbeing and academic progress of our students is discussed.
On the evening itself, you will need to log into the system again and all of the appointments will be conducted virtually. No additional app is required; you will need a smartphone, tablet or computer.
In order to make video calls you need to have as a minimum:
- A device with a microphone and speaker/headphones
- A compatible up-to-date web browser:
iPhone/iPad: Safari Note: there is a known issue joining video calls using iOS 14.2. Please upgrade any iOS 14.2 devices to iOS 14.3, or use an alternate device.
Android: Chrome or Firefox - please note that Samsung phones often default to using the Samsung Browser, this is not supported.
Windows: Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge (download here)
Mac: Safari, Chrome or Firefox
Linux: Chrome or Firefox
We also recommend:
- Using your smartphone for video appointments. If you do not have a smartphone with a front-facing camera, use a laptop or computer with a webcam.
- Using a headset (or earphones with a microphone) to reduce echo.
Prior to the evening:
- Please visit https://stgeorgesprimary.schoolcloud.co.uk/ to book your appointments.
- Enter your first name and surname followed by an email address (the email address is just so they can send you confirmation of your bookings, or to notify you of any changes).
- The student's first name, surname and date of birth will need to be entered too.
- Follow the on screen instructions and click on the relevant year group to make the appointments.
On the evening:
- Visit https://stgeorgesprimary.schoolcloud.co.uk/
- You will have an option to start video calls.
- You will meet your teacher at the designated time booked.
If you do not have access to the internet, please contact Mrs K McCarthy by phoning school on 0151 638 6014 who will be happy to create appointments on your behalf and arrange for telephone calls to be made.
How to attend appointments over video call
This video shows you how to log in to book, and later attend, video appointments at your school’s Parents' Evening.