Working at St George's
Working at St George’s
St George’s is a dynamic place to work, with a robust culture of safeguarding, equality and professional learning. To work here you need to be committed to these.
Most of our recruitment opportunities are advertised on the Wirral Education recruitment page or the DfE recruitment page.
If you have any queries about working at St George’s please contact our human resources officer by e-mail. The e-mail address is:
We have an entry to exit route for all staff. This is explained below.
Safeguarding is continuous for all staff. We develop this through:
- Application of detailed safer recruitment procedures. This includes rigorous checks for all staff and volunteers (if they are undertaking supervision or regulated activity)
- Induction training for all staff and volunteers before they start in their role.
- Application of detailed policies and procedures for safeguarding, safer recruitment and prevent to keep children safe in education. These can be read online: through the school’s website.
- Ensuring that our expectations for staff are clear in our Conduct Policy, Investigating Low Level Concerns Policy and Disciplinary Policy. If investigations involve risk of harm to children these will be implemented using Local Authority LADO procedures. These are outlined on our Managaing Allegations Against Staff page.
- Access to a suite of safeguarding training delivered through:
- Accredited online training with the National Online College
- Face to face training in school overseen by our safeguarding team.
- Using external training through Wirral Children’s Safeguarding Partnership Board and other partners.
- Regular audit of safeguarding procedures and practice to ensure they are effective.
Our school invests heavily in staff development through:
- Face to Face training
- Coaching and mentoring.
- High quality CPD partnerships with a host of organisations including
- National Online College
- Evidence Based Education and Great Teaching Toolkit
- Chartered College of Teaching
- Blue Sky learning
- Curriculum 101 and Huh Academy with Mary Myatt
- Kingsbridge SCITT and Blackpool Research School
- Subject associations for MFL, science, history, geography, PSHE, DT, art and design
- Bursary partnerships with Ogden Trust, Farmington Scholarship,
- National lead bodies including STEM, NCETM, Voice 21, NCCE, NATRE
- Local partnerships with Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub, English Hub, Music Hub and Wirral LA School Improvement Offer
- Wirral Children’s Safeguarding Partnership Board
- Worknest compliance
- Commercial partners including P.E Hub, Hi-Impact, Scholarpack, Jeanne Fairbrother Health and Safety Associates, Judicium GDPR and other bodies.
- Apprenticeship programmes through Wirral Council and YPO quality assurance programme
Staff well-being is central to our workplace culture and systems. This is developed through our ‘Living Well’ strategy. This has been developed through consultation with all our staff teams.